Wednesday, May 13, 2009

introduction

Welcome to my blog. This is my first post so I thought I should
introduce myself as well as describing the theme of this blog.

As you may know from the about section, I am a South-African student
studying computer science at the University of Stellenbosch. You may
also know that I am a supporter of open source and that I considder
myself a member of the fight for accessibility. The blink in my blogname
emplies after all that I am blind.
I plan to write about all the things that interests me, but the main
focus will be on accessibility and open source. I think that the two
toppics support each other verry well. A lot of my accessibility posts
will therefore be about software accessibility, but I will also post
about general accessibility stuff. Some of my posts will be a bit technicle,
for instance if I am describing a program I am writing, or a trik with
linux, but other posts will be the general accessibility/disability
stuff most readers may want to read. I plan to put a technicle worning
at the top of posts that may be more for the geeks so that the rest of
you can just skip that posts.
I guess thats about enough for an introduction...

No comments:

Post a Comment